Friday, May 13, 2011

Packing for a Crop - Part Two

First, don't forget your paper trimmer!  Mine slides between the already packed up page planners. 
Then, I always bring my favorite go-to border punches, circle punches, a couple of the tiny punches like stars and small flowers, a corner rounder, some photo corner punches (but for the sake of space I don't typically bring my largest punches). 



Smaller punches go in the little pouches and holders in the tote.  Larger punches slide in down the side of the tote.  A few extra chipboard alphas in my favorite, basic colors get dropped into back of the tote.  A couple of border punches can fit easily in the side pouches.

Several little bottles of Stickles glitter glue go into the pouches, as well as some craft glue, my mini glue gun and sticks, several colors of scrapper's floss. 




I don't bring every color pen or marker, but I do pack a few specialty pens like the gold and silver leafing pens, some glaze pens, a glitter pen. Favorite pens in basic colors,  go into the tabletop tote. 




I am usually cropping with a friend, so sometimes one of us will bring the Cricut, the other one will bring the Big Shot.  And once again, we do not bring every cartridge or every die that we own.  We bring our favorite ones, the ones we find ourselves using over and over. (The exception to this would be, say if you were working on a Disney album or a cruise and wanted to use specialized dies or cartridges pertaining to just this event.) 

In the shoulder tote go any other special punches, dies or carridges (if I am bringing them), an idea magazine or book, a craft mat, cutting mat (if I am the one bringing Cricut), extra blades, extra cardstock (once again in favorite, basic colors),  my Dymo label maker and and extra roll or two of tape. 

In my table top tote is the following:  scissors, Crop-a-dile, rulers, pencil and pens, pick, edge distresser, extra trimmer blades, glue stick, Tombow Mono Aqua, tape runner and refills, super tape, Zots glue dots,  my Tiny Attacher and more staples, chalk inks in cats' eye sizes, files, hand punches, favorite pens, extra pair of glasses, photo cloth, pop dots, craft knife, bone folder, glue pen,




I do not bring:  loose glitter, paints or stains, stamps, or sprays.  Too messy for cramped quarters, too time consuming.  I also do not bring page protectors or albums--too heavy.  I pack my finished page(s) right back in the page planners. 

Another thing to note is that I am not a speed scrapper--I am pretty picky--so I am not looking to create 20 pages in eight hours (unless I am working on a theme album--that's a little easier).   My goal for 8 hours of scrapping is about 8 double page layouts.  Sometimes this happens, most times not.  Depends on how quickly I can get in the groove, how much socializing I am doing, if I get called by the wayside to help out with something, etc. etc.

You need to pack for how you scrapbook.  Look at your best pages.  What did you use?  Do you use those tools or techniques often?  Those are the items to always bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment