Sunday, August 30, 2009

Making the Most of Things


Melancholy--I have always liked that word. I'm not sad, nor "down in the dumps". But I am feeling a little melancholy today.

The weather is turning to fall unseasonably early here and I know that soon the days will be short, the sky will be gray and I will be incessantly cleaning snow and ice off of my car. And while I love winter images, snowflakes and snowmen and crystal-like ice on branches... I truly hate dealing with it every day for 8 long months!

Along with this early fall-like weather (or because of it?) I have also felt a great urgency about cleaning house and purging things. So perhaps I am working this to my advantage!!! Last weekend it was the kitchen -- I'm talking walls, cabinets, countertops emptied and scoured. This weekend it was the car. But right now the sun is out and even though it is cool outside, I am taking the dogs for a nice long walk and going to savor the sun on my face and the green of the trees. I want to make the most of these last sunny days.

I started straightening cleaning out files on the computer and came across this photo. It was one of the last projects I completed as an AOC for Stampington and it is the thing that made me think of the word melancholy.

No comments:

Post a Comment