Sunday, February 15, 2015

Challenge: One Collection, How Many Layouts?

Actually, the challenge (at NicoleJones911 on facebook) is to use a paper line (or kit) that you love (but have not broken into); papers, embellishments, stickers. etc.) and since it is February, to make the theme of the layout(s) about those that you love.  (And to see how many layouts, you get from the line you have stashed, I mean collected, i.e., hoarded...) 

And here is Layout #1 - Love My Girls


I chose a collection from Fancy Pants that I just felt as though I HAD to HAVE it.  Burlap and Bouquets.  And then it sat here.  I had acquired the collection pack, which contained 8 sheets of double sided paper, a corrugated piece of cardstock, an alpha sticker sheet, a 12x12 sticker sheet of tiny alphas and tabs, a small sticker sheet of words, tabs and phrases.  Then I also had a pack of flair badges (which were much larger when I received them than what I thought they were when I ordered them--I much prefer the smaller size) and I had a pack of little flags or mini-sign thing-ys. 

The background paper had the ring of flowers printed on it, but I cut some additional flowers out of another sheet so I could pop up some up.  I also used a white gel pen to highlight the small flower blooms.  Beyond that, it was a matter of cutting strips of some of the various coordinating papers and placing my photo on top of the stacked up strips and then tucking in a piece of a doily and a tab,  Once that was done, I felt as though the photo needed a ledge of some sort to sit upon, so I added a small strip of one of the papers (a diagonal stripe) and punched a small scalloped strip out of another.  Still didn't seem substantial enough, so I added a piece of lace from my stash. 

I punched a circle for the circular phrase sticker and popped it up, tucked in a small bow from some twine in my stash, and added one of the flair badges.  Last was to construct a small cluster at the top of the page (another smaller piece of the doily, a strip of patterned paper, and one of the little flowers I had cut out).

This photo was snapped at Thanksgiving (the after dinner nap, you know!).   My daughter and granddaughter -- out cold.  Love this. 

best,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment