Monday, March 9, 2015

Every Layout Does NOT Have To Be Perfect - GASP!

I am a big proponent of keeping it real.  It gets me into trouble sometimes!!!  But I wanted to include pages that probably would not be blog worthy on a designers blog or a company blog... They are pages that are complete, they tell the story, they are not ugly.  But they are perhaps, more plain...perhaps more flat (without all the popping up or dimensional embellishments). 

This is one of those pages.   More importantly though, the recipient of this page (and others) loves this page.  His face lit up reading it.  And that makes me smile. 


Jacob got this page in his graduation albums and just the memory of his face when he was reading it makes me so happy. 

I used the "B" side of a My Mind's Eye paper for the stripe... and the large photo corner-y triangles were cut from old scraps of Basic Grey (haven't a clue as to the name of the collection anymore though).  The dotty paper is also Basic Grey, The navy print is Authentique.  I added the arrow from a Jillibean Soup ephemera pack and the camera was cut from a Dear Lizzy paper.  His quoted phrases, I hand printed onto a grid patterned paper, cut then out and outlined the boxes. 

In seeing the page on the screen now...some of the quotes could/should have been popped up.  But in reality, when you are assembling a massive amount of pages into albums, not all of them can be dimensional folks.  And in my memory of his face reading the page, it is just right. 

keeping it real (or trying to)
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment