Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Sweater Weather #8 - Winter Wishes

This is it, the last Sweater Weather layout!   Layout #8!   Eight pages from one kit is pretty darn good.  I had the main kit only, no add-ons and I did pull some things from my stash, although I tried to keep this to a minimum.  (I'm not counting things like cardstock or the tissue paper I like to layer with sometimes.)  I truly wanted to see how far I could stretch a kit. 


I squeaked this last page out of the kit by pulling together the scraps and using them to create the layered circle embellishments.  Circles were punched and die cut; then layered with various snowflake shapes, buttons, wood veneer pieces and the last little piece of that cord that I used on a previous layout (hey, it was just lying there on my desk--it was going on the page or into the trash!).  I cut a couple or three fish-tailed banners and placed one under a layered circle, the other two got layered up with a snowflake to add a spot of red to the opposite side of the page.  The cardstock I used as a background paper is the same color as the piece that was included in the kit (found that in my cardstock stash!). 

From my stash on this one were all the buttons, the wood veneer snowflakes, the doily (under the lower edge of the photo), the little piece of off-white cord, and a rosette on one of the circles.  I pulled this from an older Basic Grey embellishment pack--Plumeria was the collection--but I didn't like the little circle and pearl that topped the rosette, so I scraped it off and replaced it with a punched snowflake and an enamel dot.  After arranging all the layered circles, I used one of the Echo Park stickers as the page title and placed it on top of the circles, did some outlining using a white gel pen

It would be safe to say, I have basically used this entire kit.  What I have left: a lot of the Bo Bunny alpha stickers, some stickers on the Echo Park sheet, the whole piece of navy blue cardstock, a couple of the wood veneer pieces, the white die cuts. a couple of the exclusive tabs, and a little pile of patterned paper scraps. 

I absolutely love the wood veneers---but up until a day or two ago, there wasn't much in the way of snow outside and I am not going out to build a snowman (or have a snowball fight--sorry I am an indoor girl in the winter--but I might find photos of someone else's snowman--who knows.  Or, I could use them on a card, but I will use them, they are so cute.)  And the white die cut phrases?  Same thing, love them, I just don't have the right subject matter (yet). 

So that's it.  Eight pages from one kit!  I think this means that joining a scrapbook kit club can indeed be a very good scrapping investment.  And this challenge has been so much fun for me.  Thank you again Scraptastic and Mercy Tiara! 

best,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment