Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful for Friends

The pumpkin pies just came out of the oven, old Tom the turkey has defrosted quite well in the fridge over the past couple days, the ingredients for artichoke dip are lined up ready to go in the mini crockpot, the bread cubes for stuffing have been seasoned and have dried out nice and crunchy, and the apple pie is set to go into the oven bright and early in the morning.  Potatoes-check, corn-check, dinner rolls-check.  All is ready for a Thanksgiving Day feast.  And of course I am thankful for family, which will be arriving (invading?) at about 11 a.m. tomorrow with even more food goodies.  But what else? 

Friends.  I am so grateful and fortunate to be able to count these two ladies as friends. 


The page?   I wanted to use white. White on white on white   I applied some white modeling paste on the background through a honeycomb stencil, used a whitewashed looking barn board paper, vellum and a piece of white handmade paper for layering.  I also used a piece of diagonally striped black and white paper (Crate, the DIY collection) as a photo mat.   Then added the white die cut (Sizzix, Stem and Leaves I think it's called), painted the wood veneer butterflies and "Laugh" with Picket Fence White stain, split a white doily in two, tied on some white (and gold) baker's twine, and added a scrap of off-white lace trim.  And because there is so much white, I repeated the black and white diagonal striped papers at the top and bottom of the page, curling up and bending the edges bit.

I saw a quote these words on a church message board the other day, "When you are down to nothing, the Lord is up to something."  I hope so.  I have to believe so.   In the meantime, we are warm and snug. We will be together.  We have family.  We have friends. 

Happy Thanksgiving all. 
Cheryl 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment