Saturday, September 20, 2014

Having acquiesced to the fact that the weather now has a definite chill in it, football is in full swing, and the leaves are even beginning to change, I might as well go all the way and post a pumpkin pickin' layout! 


She was all dressed for Sunday afternoon football here in Wisconsin and I had such a hard time getting papers/colors to work with the Packers colors and yet make it about picking out a pumpkin.  (Packer colors are a wee bit hard to ignore, so going with just orange wasn't going to cut it! And, rather than fight the colors and the theme(s), I figured I had to try to find a way to make the colors work together. 

I was working from my stash on this one.  Pulled out some Basic Grey, an old travel collection called Wander, for the colors.  The B side of the papers had some of the dark hunter green and gold, but it wasn't so in your face, green and gold.  The distressed background paper; yep, another oldie, from the Paper Loft this time.  I kept several of their papers when I did my big purge--because they had such great distressed looking papers--just loved those. 

Once the papers and photos were arranged, I went digging for embellishments and picked out several pieces from a pad of Simple Stories Snap collection, a couple of orange felt flowers and some wood grain buttons.  The little October tab is from a Crate Paper ephemera pack and I also used a wood veneer camera, plus a couple of banner and label type stickers from My Minds Eye and Jillibean Soup.  Title letters are from October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type. 

And there she was, our little Pumpkin Pickin' Packer, out on Sunday afternoon to pick out her pumpkin then home in time for the big game, or a nap, whichever. 

Cheryl
(who is kind of getting a taste for some pumpkin bread, go figure)
  


No comments:

Post a Comment