Monday, October 1, 2012

It feels a little funny to be posting a summer layout when the colors here are reaching their peak and Friday nights are spent under a blanket at the football stadium.  But I jump all over the place when I am scrapping.  Something clicks into place for a particular set of photos and that's what I'll work on. 


I have this bunch of photos scrapped all ready--they were done for Stampington & Co.'s Inspiration magazine several years ago.  And I do still like those pages---they will go into my album(s).  This more recent rendition of the photos will go into Jacob's album(s). 


Papers are mainly from My Mind's Eye; the Penny Lane collection.  The exceptions are the solid cardstock pieces, the title block and the floral block and  the green with blue polka dot.  I also picked up a couple of stray embossed papers that were on my desk from another project and then kind of went h-m-m-m, they look kind of nice laying here on the page.  So I trimmed them down, layered them on some coordinating cardstock and tried tucking them in here and there till I found a spot that looked like they belonged.   


I added the thin white punched borders and punched a few of the circle prints to scatter here and then. The little white tabs on the second page are actually made using aEK's ticket punch.  Added a few aqua gemstones, some washi tape and the punched arrows.  I even journaled---gasp---right on the page. I'm not crazy about journaling right on the page---but I am doing it!      

5 comments:

  1. what a super 2 pager! love all the blues and greens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great 2-pager! I love the color scheme (definitely says summer) and all of the arrows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you split the diecut paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors used on this great 2 pager!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect papers for a pool double layout, great job

    ReplyDelete