Thursday, October 4, 2012

I am on a card kick all of a sudden.  My inventory of cards is somewhat depleted so I've been spending some time on Pinterest getting inspired.  There are loads of pretty cards there to peruse, I highly recommend taking some time to look through the various categories.  (Note---take some time is kind of putting it mildly--you could get lost there for hours looking at cards, scrapbook pages, recipes, home decor and holiday ideas.) 

But my card today was NOT inspired by anything on Pinterest though.  I picked up some cute layered bat stickers last season when they went on sale, and then, yep, never got around to making any Halloween cards.  They were on my Clip It Up--mocking me--so I got busy and made some Halloween cards.  I had purchased enough packages to make up four cards. Now I don't see similar stickers for sale this year--but there are some other ones that I may pick up for a different set of cards. 

I smudged the edges of the white cardstock layer using a Charcoal catseye pad and stamped the tiny little stars (from an ancient Hero Arts set of stamps) just at the edges of the panel.  Orange woodgrain paper is a scrap--the back side of a Basic Grey, Life of the Party paper.   Thepurple scallopped layer is punched using my favorite EK border punch.  Layered 'em all up and tied on some purple ribbon I found in my stash. 














The inside greeting is done using an alphabet set and one more stamping of the tiny star grouping.  Gosh, I think this alpha set is a generic one--I don't see any brand name even on the box.  I purchased it many years ago when I first started stamping.  Boy, oh boy, I've really gotten the mileage from this set. 

Now I'm headed off to do laundry, doesn't that sound like fun?!  No, huh?  Maybe a little card making while the wash is a sloshing about in the machine will make it a bit more interesting!   

1 comment: