Monday, October 22, 2012

Another card posting!   Warning!  Oak leaf heavy images to follow.... 

I must be having a thing for oak leaves lately.   No explanation...I have none. 

The first card is again one that I designed originally for a card class and am just now getting around to assembling one for myself.  I didn't change too, too much from the original, other than sanding off the edges of the stamped image and adding a drawn in border around the edge of the background panel. 


The background panel is stamped with Versamark for a tone on tone effect, then adhered to an ivory card.  I stamped the text background of the smaller rectangle using brown ink and overstamped the oak leaf on top of that, then sanded off the edges to expose the white core.  This was layered onto a slightly larger dark brown rectangle and tied with a piece of tan scrapper's floss (Remember that from Karen Foster?  Still loving that stuff!).   Just adhered that to the front of the card using pop dots.  My new favorite pop dot is from Stampin' Up cuz they are much lower in profile, but still give some dimension. Stamps are all from Hero Arts 

That was it. Easy, peasey. 


The next card is a departure from autumn colors, but still using an oak leaf!  The stamp is an older Hero Arts stamp I've had for ages.  Stamped in Chipped Sapphire  Distress ink on a scrap of ivory cardstock, then cut it out.  I layered upsome navy cardstock panels with coordinating scraps of olive green prints (scraps left from a My Mind's Eye 6x6 pad).  Adhered the leaf, a greeting stamped on a punched tag to peek out from one of the panels and tied some navy and white baker's twine on the remaining panel.


The last card in this bunch started with a stamped background of kraft cardstock and the same oak leaf stamp used above.  This time it was stamped randomly on the kraft using several colors of Distress inks, Scattered Straw, Old Paper, and Rusty Hinge.  Added a border at the bottom using some handmade or designer paper scraps, then adhered the bundle onto an ivory panel.  I cut the oak leaf using a Tim Holtzx die and a scrap of some sort and applied it with pop dots down the center of the leaf, curling the edges down a bit.  Tied the whole bundle up with an ivory and orange polka dot ribbon and placed it on an orange card.  Added a few beige-y toned pearls  and called it done. 

I think I should move on from the oak leaf thing now though.... 

6 comments:

  1. love the fall leaves! great job on the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all beautiful! I love the leaf mixed with the text on the first card and the pretty pearls on the third one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, oak is cool esp. in the fall! Love what you created with the motif :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they look great..nothing wrong with sticking with a good thing!!!

    ReplyDelete