Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Today's page was originally made as a page kit sample (without photo or title) for an event at the store I worked for.  I always liked it but filed it away---until I pulled out Jackson's birth photo to scrap.  I guess today, new mommies bring outfits to the hospital for birth photos now and Kim had Jackson in this little brown outfit.  Cute, but not a good fit for the usual soft colors you think of for new baby layouts. 


Then I remembered this page and pulled it out to put it into use.  I added the little punched hearts to pick up on the heart on his shirt and the title (chipboard alpha from Basic Grey when they had those "chocolate" alphas in white, dark and milk chocolate---loved those!).  I wrote in the particulars of date of birth, weight---but that was it.  And yes, if you are looking closely at the writing, this little guy was not so little, 9 lbs. 11 oz.  He is a bit of a pork chop, this one! 

The printed papers are all from Bella Blvd., I think it was called a Guy's Life.  I'm not sure anymore.  But it was (and still is) my all time favorite Bella paper collection.  I adored the browns and soft blue. 

So I guess if there is a take away thought for today, it's that if you've made pages (without photos) as part of a class or as a make & take, pull them out.  You might find a nice surprise in a ready made page, just right for a photo needing a home. 

1 comment: