Monday, September 24, 2012

More "catch up" pages for Jacob!  Took these photos at the Lake Hodges dam museum in California.  My dad used to take us up to the over site area when we visited to show us the progress in the building of the dam.  Jacob, at four, was thrilled with these massive tires for the monstrously big trucks used in the building of the project. 


I don't know why they never got scrapped before now.  I've had them printed for ages and had the paper for years.  Just never put them together.  But when I pulled out this old line from Basic Grey (the old Vagabond collection), the grungy blues, greys and tans were perfect. 


I layered up two of the distressed "solid" blue papers along with the dotted pieces, the check, the stripe and added a punched border strip and a strip of tickets from Prima I think. 


Alphas are Thickers and Webster's Pages. The large banner sticker is from Glitz; the alphas on that are from Cosmo Cricket.  Journaling is on a pull out piece at the far right side and I stuck a small clip on this.  I cut a few banners and stapled those on, and added a black flower.  Debated on the flower after it was on--thought maybe a gear shape or two would be better, but I've decided to leave it. I think it's a tiny bit of whimsy and softness.  Anyway, it's staying.

Now I have a big pile of empty page planners and I think I will take some time today to go through photos and papers and fill them up again. 

Happy Monday!    

2 comments:

  1. I love this two pager layout. Super cool grunge colors perfect for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great 2 pager! Those colors are perfect for your photos!

    ReplyDelete