Thursday, September 6, 2012

If it seems that I am playing favorites, scrapping so many more pages of Jacob than my other two cutie-patooties, well I kind of am.   Scrapping more of him right now that is.  Grandson #1 is 16 this year-- that means I need to have his albums complete for graduation in two years.  Now I know two years seems like more than enough time to put together  a scrapbook album or two (or three, maybe four in this case).  But it will go by in the blink of an eye.  Just the way the last 16 years seem to have gone by!  And I have had a lot of catching up to do, plus repairs and secondary pages to be made.  blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda.... 

My goal has been to focus on the partially done layouts, the repairs, and rework done on older pages and then move on.  There are plenty of Izzie and Jackson photos and layouts to come.  Although I will probably sneak in a couple of Miss izzy and Mr. Jackson here and there. 

Soooooo, this layout is still Jacob!  The photo was one of my favorites and I had tried it out on various backgrounds and just kept setting it aside as I wasn't happy with the combinations or the colors.  When they first got their dog, they signed up for puppy classes.  It seemed like a good thing to do.  Sit, stay, ok.  However, when it came time to introduce puppy to the agility course---well he was having none of it.  So Jacob thought he would show puppy what to do....  what can I say?  That's my Jacob! 


This time, I used (yep, you guessed it) more of Echo Park's Little Boy and It's a Boy's Life collections, plus one strip (the navy blue patterned pieces) of Basic Grey (I think from their June Bug line).  For a paper collection that I originally bought just for the red, white and blue pattern papers, I've gotten some real mileage out of these lines!  And that makes Nana's wallet happy, as well as my eyes! 


Even the stickers, borders and the title alphabet are from the Echo Park lines.  I especially like the sticker that says I do all my own stunts! 

The original photo on the first page, I had printed at 8x10.  And it was cute... but too big.  Rather than reprint, I just trimmed it down.   It's bigger than 5x7, I don't know by how much, didn't measure it--just kept laying it down on the page till it looked right. 


Added my journaling (h-a-n-d-w-r-i-t-t-e-n) and drew a couple of arrows, ba-dum-bump.  Another one done!   



No comments:

Post a Comment