Thursday, July 21, 2011

So I actually started the overhaul on my scrap room about ooooooooh 6-7 months ago.  It'd be hard to tell from a photo, but I am making progress.  Every task seems creates its own mess, so any photo wouldn't show any real changes.  I've been sifting and sorting through papers, scraps, cards, pages, moved a few of my white crop-in-style cubes around, as well as the contents 

Now that I am nearing the finish, I am looking forward to doing some scrappy decorating in there.  I refuse to pull everything out to paint, so I am working with white walls.  But I already decided that was ok--going with a shabby chic white-washed look with gray and silver.   Last night I went to Michael's to pick up some white photo boxes to switch out with my current ones.  Next will be an attempt to move the desk areas--and that's probably one entire day's work.  Then I will be on the hunt for cheapo cut glass looking bowls, vases, candy dishes for containers for little things I want to leave out in clear view (so I actually USE them!.  Last  will be the closet (ugh--that's a mess in and of itself). 

I have to find someplace for the resulting load of papers, stamps and other assorted items I will no longer be using (can you say scrappers and stampers rummage sale---my driveway later in August or early September!?!?!) 

In the meantime, here's I layout I turned up.  Was thinking a lot about my wonderful grandson last night--who did get his temps yesterday and went out driving with his mom yesterday evening!  (She reminded me that he would also be able to go driving with a grandparent too---- ummm, yeah, probably not.)


But, oh, sweet boy, where have the years gone?

These papers are from Granola, one of my all-time favorite paper collections from Basic Grey.  I only added some pen work, buttons and floss,  little white Rain Dots at opposite corners and the "GQ" letters are older Heidi Swapp. .

Have a scraptastic day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment