I still haven't remedied the ribbon situation from my previous post (a. week. ago.). Although I think I know where I am going with it now. Sometimes the pages just take on a life of their own. And sometimes life itself gets in the way. Classes to design for (done--yea!), workshop samples to complete (done-- double yea!), and a commissioned album to finish (not done yet--sigh). But I did make some cards (this gets a yea!).
I created this card just playing with Walnut and Faded Jeans Distress Inks smeared on a craft mat and sprayed lightly with water, then inked up the stamp directly from the mat. This was way easy, but I decided the backgrund needed a little something, something. So I inked up the envelope background from Hero Arts using Creamy Brown Chalk ink and stamped that onto white cardstock. Then I did the whole Distress Ink smearing and misting thing with the Leaf Cluster stamp. Added a little Stickles in Midnight Blue and Distress Walnut, and it was done and done! I thought it made a nice sympathy card, but it could just as easily be a thank you, or anything else. Just stamped the greeting onto a punched tag and tucked that up under the matted stamped image. The soft blue and brown combo is one of my favorites.
This card was made so simply, just by heat embossing the sweet Hero Arts Magnolia stamp three times on scrap white cardstock and cutting out progressively smaller images. Then the cut images were layered back on top of each other using pop dots. All it needed then was the pretty shimmery golden background paper, gold ribbon and a few stray pearls. It will make a pretty wedding card I think!
And this last one was made using the new Faber Castell Big Brush Stamper's Markers. (Loving these markers--they stay wet on the stamp so you have time to blend and they clean up like a dream). Just colored them directly onto the daisy image (from Hero Arts), stamped and then repeated. Once the stamped image is layered onto some coordinating cardstock and the pretty orange plaid paper (from Glitz), all it seemed to need was a punched border, some Scrapper's Floss and a couple of orange rain dots just for fun.