Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I was able to finish up the layout I had on my desk last week about my dad.  (yeah, yeah--it's about time, huh).  I was stumped for a title.  Till I got to thinking about the day these shots were taken.  It was a good day.  So there you go.  Sometimes it just doesn't pay to fight the words that pop into your head.  Use 'em. 



I used all Bo Bunny papers from their Timeless collection and the coordinating ribbon pack.  Also used some Tiny Type Alphas from Cosmo Cricket, some vinyl Thickers, a couple of photo turns from 7 Gypsies, and a journaling ticket from Tim Holtz to finish things off. 



This is another one of those instances when I truly only had these two shots of my dad that afternoon.  I'm not putting the other photos of the day on this just to squish the entrire day on one two page spread.  The layout is about my dad... not the entire day.  Since the journaling is private, it is on the journaling ticket and then I tucked it under the photo on page 2. 



And both pages together.  (Please forgive the cement showing; I take these photos outside for the light and sometimes I just can't seem to crop out all of the old front stoop!)  Anyway, so there,  I say poo to all you who say you can't use flowers and ruffles on a guy page.  The addition of the buttons and the distressed edges on the papers, plus the deeper colors all lend themselves to making the page(s) masculine.  (poo, poo, poo, poo---she says again with stubborn lift of her chin).

8 comments:

  1. Ok, NOW you've done it! I've been "this" close to buying those gorgeous papers and now I HAVE to! I love this LO and the sentiment! Especially love the ruffled ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embellies and continuity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous double layout. I really like your ruffled ribbon - so effective :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a total believer that in the right light, flowers, ruffles and even a little bling can be in a masculine layout! Totally love this! Thanks for sharing such a personal layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful two-page layout and you've used the flowers and ruffles brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this layout it tells a story in pics and the colors makes it look wholesome....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flower and the ruffly ribbon! What a nice layout! I was so glad to read that you tucked your journaling in. The photos made me want to know the story so I'm glad your family will be able to remember for years to come with your hidden journaling! Lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful mans layout. Love those papers, and yes now I too will have to be getting some......

    ReplyDelete