Thursday, September 11, 2014

Today is September 11.


Thirteen years later and I still cannot find sufficient words. 

I've collected photos from this date and other historical days with the intent of putting together an album one day--not necessarily dedicated to 9/11, but more about my thoughts and memories of having lived during this time period in history.  Because we forget that this is history---and I want my grandchildren and great grandchildren to know more than what gets printed in a text book. 

I was nine when JFK was killed and I remember watching the funeral on TV and hearing that cadence, seeing the rider-less horse.  It was only a couple of years later that I remember watching our space program---watched each launch and held my breath during it's take-off and then again when the capsule would re-enter earth's orbit and finally splash down....  oh, it was thrilling. 

But this is where I will start. 

Today is September 11....

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment