Friday, May 22, 2015

A Birthday Page - The Wish

Changing things up a bit from my recent travel themed projects.

This is Isabella, whose wish for her 5th birthday was...  wait for it ...    unicorns.  Yes, unicorns.  Not quite prepared for that one.  But her mommy handled it with the efficiency and style that only mommies can understand. 


The unicorn bike helmet, coordinated perfectly with her new scooter (one that came complete with a big ole stuffed unicorn head, of course).  But, I'm sorry Bella, this is the most ridiculous bike helmet I've ever seen.  Laughed so hard, I about fell off the couch. 

But she of the unicorn helmet?  She was thrilled. And that is enough. 

Yes, I am still scrapping from my pre-kind-of planned page kits, packed tote and shoulder bag.  Even though we have now found our house, it will be awhile before it is disassembled and reassembled here.  Then we have some renovating to do.  So I'll be scrapping out of my totes for the immediate future.  It's working ok.   I won't say it's perfect, but there is something to be said for having to work with just what is at hand. 

Papers used here are from Echo Park and Dear Lizzie (old papers, scraps actually).  And I even ran out of white cardstock, so improvised and used the backside of patterned paper from one of the pads I brought along.  Used a little watercolor, and some chalk ink with a polka dot stencil to create a bit of interest against the white and fussy cut some flowers and tags from the papers.  Flair badges are from Basic Grey, Hey Girl.  The pink-ish red foam alpha is from Thickers and the little pink tile alpha is from Echo Park. 

Her wish was for unicorns.  Of course.  Why not? 

best,
Cheryl

1 comment: