Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Scrapping the Christmas Stash!

Just a quick post...  Jackson was so patient and contemplative about opening his gifts.  And check out those eyelashes!  I just love a photo of a child with their eyes cast down, intent on whatever they are doing. 


Really wanted this page to have a light and airy look, rather than the usual Christmas colors, so I went with whites.  There's a lot of older product that got used on this page!  The white tone on tone polka dot background paper is super old Heidi Swapp.  It was part of a resist line that was intended to be used with inks, mists, paints.  After applying the color and wiping it off, the polka dots ( in this case) would have remained white.  But on this page, I just wanted the white on white look. 

After trimming the polka dot paper down, it got centered on a beige-y gray snowflake patterned paper (from Pink Paislee--Snow Village pad).  Then tissue paper and pieces of a music patterned paper (also from the Pink Paislee--Snow Village pad), a doily and a gray and white chevron were used as layers under the photos.  And old?  That title "believe" is also ancient...a sparkly pretty sticker from Doodlebug.  I've been hoarding this set of stickers for so long, I forgot I had them! 

For embellishment, I added a couple of wood veneer snowflakes, some gold and white sequins, and two small white paper flowers (that just happened to be sitting on the corner of my desk). 

As much as I love all the new papers and goodies that are out there...I am almost as excited to dig into my stash of papers and stickers and be able to put together a page that looks as up to date as if I had bought a bunch of new supplies. 

I'm certainly not advocating we all quit purchasing scrapbook supplies!  But what I am advocating is:  if you bought it, use it! 

best,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment