Thursday, March 5, 2015

Bold and Bright = A Winter Layout?

Yes! Yes, bold and bright colors can equal a winter layout.  Given the sunny, bright day, and the bold colors in my little lady's coat and hat, bright colors worked really well on this page!  The content of the page isn't really about winter, or the parade we were at... it's all about Bella's "Bring it On" attitude. 


Instead of a white cardstock base for the page, I used a very pale blue.  (A, I am running out of  my favorite white cardstock; and B, the stark contrast between the bright colors and the white was a bit much...the softer, paler blue almost looks white against the brights.) 

Papers are from Echo Park's Little Girl collection from several years ago. The papers are just tucked in layers under the photo, so that a bit of each is peeking out.  The pieces of each of the papers are lined up along one side, adhered and the edges ruffled and bent.  I added a three punched hearts and hand stitched them into place (so wanted that line of stitching through the hearts, but not so sure if I would opt for hand sewing again--it was a pain).  The star stickers are from an Amy Tangerine sticker pack, flair badge is Basic Grey, Hey Girl, and the buttons are from my stash.  Title letters are Thickers, one of my favorite fonts--I think have these in black, this teal, red and silver metallic!)  Oh, and that one fabric covered brad?  It's one of several I've been hoarding from K& Co!  I am breaking the barrier!  I am using my stash!  Wa---hoooooo!   

Still happily scrapping my stash!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment