Monday, February 2, 2015

Sweater Weather Layout #7 - NASA?

Wow, seven layouts from one kit!  I was not expecting this!  I am way happy with how far this kit has stretched. 

This page is a bit of a departure from cozy winter or holiday layouts, which is what you really think of first with a kit called Sweater Weather.  I really loved the Scraptastic exclusive red, white and blue diagonal stripe that was in the kit, so after some digging around, I found these old, old, old photos of our Jacob man on a rocket-ship ride at a shopping mall play-park.  Ah-ha!  Seems like a good fit for some  red, white and blue! 


From my stash on this one, just the starry vellum, and some cardstock.   I cut (Cricut) the title letters from red cardstock and the stars were cut from white cardstock with a Sizzix die (Primitive Stars). 

After I tore the corner of the vellum for some interest, I placed a large strip of the striped paper down on the right side of the page.  Then I tucked smaller strips of blue and red patterned papers under the photos and cut a few banners, as well as fussy cut a few little stars from the navy and wood grain star paper.  The last thing added to the layout were the larger white die cut stars.  Still not too sure about those stars; sometimes I look at the page and it seems far too busy and then again it will look ok.  Do you have those pages too? 

Journaling on the layout asks the question; will there even be NASA in the future?  I think it is just a shame that one of the U.S.' biggest achievements (our space program) has been decimated by our (stupid) politicians (both Democrat and Republican--I hold both parties these days in equal disgust-- some of the stuff they choose to spend our money on just boggles the mind).  This journaling is on the back of the layout.  I don't think it hurts to let folks in the future know your views on current events or politics.  It let's people know you better---but I also do not necessarily want this info taking over the page or the photos.

have a scrappy-dappie-dooo day! 
(can you tell the little grandies have been here---watching Scooby-Doo!) 
best,
Cheryl








No comments:

Post a Comment