Friday, February 6, 2015

Scrapping the Stash! - A Travel Layout

And now back to my regularly scheduled posts about scrapping from my stash... 

Not that I have been traveling, but my grandson has!  And I thought I better get his (few) photos committed to layouts before they are lost and stuck in a drawer. 


The No Limits pad (from Heidi Swapp) I found on clearance some months back has been wonderful for more masculine layouts and is proving to be equally great for travel pages.   Also using a travel themed packet (picked up at Michael's some time ago, but I think they still have it) made by Studio Calico. 

I used a map pattern and a grid pattern torn and overlapped for the background and edged the page with a very tiny sliver of an orange and off white embossed stripe.  I again went to a deconstructed style page design, placing the photos side by side and arranging elements around them. I started by picking up various strips and pieces of papers (the gold diagonal stripe, the orange polka dot, and the tan diagonal stripe) and then added a journaling box. 

Once the scraps of papers were in place, I cut apart the little calendar, the ticket stub and found the travel related stickers (from Basic Grey, Amy Tan, Heidi Swapp) and added  those in three clusters (forming the visual triangle at top right, left side and bottom right). 

The title letters were left from (you guessed it) the Sweater Weather kit, "explore" is from Heidi Swapp, the arrows punched from scrap. 

I seem to have an abundance of travel type stickers (left from other collections purchased long ago) because, like, I really haven't travelled!!!  ha, ha, Therefore, have lots of little things left in the old stash to do the grandson's travel pages without any additional expenditure!  Kind of excited about that. 

Is this living vicariously through one's grandchildren?  ok, I'll go with that. 

best,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment