Monday, February 9, 2015

One Photo - Two Ways

Do you ever scrap the same photos more than once?  This is one of those times where I have.  I did the first layout for Jacob's graduation album(s), but this one I did for my own. 

Now after having scrapped it once and being pretty pleased with that layout, do you think I would have scrap-lifted myself and not tried to reinvent the wheel? Well, of course not.  I thought I'd go way more girly with this layout since it is for my album(s) and not the boy's.  I should have just scrap-lifted my first layout. 



It's ok.  But I so like the first one better.  See my October 21st post  here...
 http://cheryl-husmann.blogspot.com/2014_10_01_archive.html 

OK, on the pink layout... I used so many older scraps and partially cut pieces I truly have no clue what companies they are from.  I went with kraft cardstock, trimmed slightly and layered onto a pink patterned paper for the background.  From there it was just a matter of tucking in various sizes of papers with pink and beige in them and adding a couple of tabs and a sticker (also in pink).  The stitched banners I know are from Crate, part of their Close Knit collection and the title letters are pretty much all that was left of a pink canvas set from Prima.  I also tried spattering gold, white and pink mists (once again I am not entirely happy with this---they just didn't set up as well on the kraft cardstock as they have on other papers). 

All in all, like I said, it's ok.  But not as good, I don't think. as the first page I made. 

Live and learn.  If you are really happy with something the first time,  do it again you fool~!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment