Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Challenge: Layout #3 - One and Only Son

In keeping with the challenge, this layout is for my son.  I don't think I scrap about my kids probably enough---it seems like it's all about the grandkids.  So it's good timing for a challenge like this; it helped make me think about including more of the other folks (and animals) that I love. 


I did use a different background sheet for this page.  Did not look right on any of the collection papers and it didn't look quite right on plain cardstock either.  I happened on this sheet (the B side of an older My Mind's Eye paper) and the tone on tone brown worked out quite nicely. 

The other things from outside the Burlap and Bouquets collection were two buttons, the twine I used on the buttons, a doily, the blue sticker that says "Remember You Are Loved", and the little gold sequin stars. 

The photo is layered on several pieces of torn papers  and then onto the black corrugated cardstock that was in the package.  I wanted to build a somewhat vertical line, so I added the title at the top of the photo stack, tucked in the You Are Loved sticker at the bottom of the stack, along with a doily.  Then I added the buttons, flair badge and the mini sign, keeping everything tight and close so as not to ruin the vertical line of things.  I used another of the die cut cork words and kept that up close to the photo stack too.  Next was to add a few strips of the coordinating papers at the top and bottom of the page and build the small cluster at the top using part of the left over doily, a button and one of the little banner stickers.   Last I sprinkled on some gold sequin stars.  (I had tried some enamel dots, but they looked out of place--the tiny little stars worked out much better.)

More to come,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment