Monday, January 19, 2015

Sweater Weather Layout #2 - Most Wonderful Time of Year

And here is my second take with the Scraptastic's Sweater Weather kit. 


With Bella's bright blue and purple winter coat...I decided on a white background and to focus on the green of the tree.   Then centered the white on an olive-y green piece of cardstock.   I used a deconstructed style layout, placing my photo down and arranging embellishments (stickers) around the photo.  I really wanted to use that old truck sticker and that was the other reason for choosing a white background (one of my bug-a-boos---I really dislike white borders around the edges of stickers--don't know why--it just bugs me).  By placing the truck sticker on the white background, that white border kind of blends into the background paper; same for the arrow stickers.  I placed both the "wonderful time of year" and "tree farm" stickers on cardstock to repeat the green and charcoal colors, added some outlining, some green and black paint splatters (of which a few splatters ended up where I didn't want them---so I covered those up with those cute little snowflake circle stickers). 

Everything except the cardstock, the baker's twine and the little red circle tab came from the kit! 

best,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment