Sunday, January 18, 2015

Some of My Favorite Ornaments

I thought it might be fun to see how many layouts I can get out of the Sweater Weather kit I won from Scraptastic and Mercy Tiara.  I've been lusting after a membership to one of the several really good scrapping kit clubs there are. And Scraptastic is definitely on the list (I kind of like that there is a choice between two  main kits each month).   But I simply have to wait until the house is sold and we are moved and settled.  Anyway this will be kind of a test for myself to see how far I can go with a kit. 

Here we go... Sweater Weather layout #1...


I used a piece of my own white cardstock, some layers of white tissue paper.  The stitched banners are from my stash (Basic Grey's 25th and Pine collection), as is the twine.   I absolutely love the Studio Tekturek white on white bokah kind of  print (Peachy Christmas #08) and the My Mind's Eye woodgrain that came in this kit.  So, to make it last a little longer, I just used strips of them,  Tore the edges of the white bokah and punched one of the strips of the woodgrain, but left the other a really thin little sliver for the top of the page. The alpha stickers from Bo Bunny are perfect with these papers, but I did also use the red Tiny Type from my stash.  The Merry Everything sticker and the red heart are from the sticker sheet that was included (Warm & Cozy from Carta Bella).  Although I did punch two of the stars from the woodgrain deer sticker that is on the sheet, since I just don't see myself using that one.   The red enamel dots came in the kit, as did the snowman flair badge. A minimal but of journaling and some penned in stitch lines and I called it done. 

This was fun!  And even though the stickers all kind of scream winter, snow and Christmas...  I see lots of other uses for the papers themselves.  There's a bit of a red, white and blue thing going on that has me wondering if I have any 4th of July photos filed away.... h-m-m-m

have a scrappy good day all,
Cheryl  

No comments:

Post a Comment