Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Gettin' My Merry Mojo On (and makin' a mess)

Recently I got to spend a weekend in my favorite fashion.  In my jammies, making cards.  Usually I start with some sort of a notion as to what I want the card(s) to look like.  Not this time.  I just got out some favorite supplies and started playing (and making a mess--not a little pile of scraps and some punches sort of mess---I'm talking a big, old, can't find your phone in it,  honkin' mess---ha!  it was great!). 

This was the first batch.  A bit of paper, part of a doily, die cut Christmas icons (covered liberally with Stickles---cuz all Christmas cards a better with something sparkly, right?) and some twine, ... and this is what happened.  I made about a dozen of these. 


On the next batch of cards, I wanted to use the cut-a-parts from a pad of Pink Paislee holiday paper and see if they could help me put together some quick and easy cards.... and they did!  All I really had to do to spruce them up a bit was layer the cut-a-part on a coordinating paper and add a dimensional embellishment (or two). And since there were two sheets of the cut-a-parts in the pad I got multiples of this set done too. 


And last I took out one of my favorite Christmas stamps, picked out some coordinating Distress inks and added a die cut greeting, some punched stars (and yeah, I still managed to get a little glitter glue going on too). 


Ahhh, jammies, paper and punches and glitter glue (and a whole lot of coffee).  It was a great weekend (I'm pretty sure even the dogs were kind of sparkly by Sunday evening.) 

It was such an awesome mess...

get your merry mojo on,
Cheryl

1 comment: