Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Scrapping Not-So-Great Photos

We've all got 'em.  We all hold on to them for various reasons.  And we all struggle to scrapbook them.  Poor photos.  Or in my case, just plain bad photos (not misbehaved---although I may have a few of those too!). 

The photos I used in this layout are old film-based photos.  Sometimes you can scan the photos into your computer and muck about with the colors  and sharpness and such, but you know what.  I just didn't want to spend that kind of time.  (I've said it before--I am a lazy scrapper!)  Plus, these were not photos of a significant event or of a great uncle Harold who no one seems to have photos of (whoever great uncle Harold is--I just figure we all have someone in the family that no one has photos of).  They are just photos I want to keep. 


To somewhat combat the poor quality of two of the pictures, I arranged the one "better" one over the top of the  other two and matted only that one (in a buttery yellow to queue in on the yellow jacket).  The two poor-er (is that even a word?) photos kind of fade to the background and become supporting photos.  It's ok, not great.  But it gets the photos on the page. 

Looking at the layout now, I kind of wish I had matted the whole layout on a navy piece of cardstock, not brown.  I used non-competing background patterns---a piece of autumn leaves patterned paper, a bit of navy print (to pick up on the jeans), an off-white notebook-y paper.  Added a couple of stamped embellishments (in navy), a coppery leaf die cut that was lying about on my desk, a couple of wood veneers (the camera and the love pieces), the yellow "Life" layered embellishment (that one is from Amy Tangerine--a pack I picked up at Tuesday Morning for a whopping $.99).   Tucked in a couple of tags and did my journaling on a speech bubble sticker.  But I needed another navy blue element to complete the visual triangle---and I just like things in threes.  So I added the finger with a string sticker (Heidi Swapp). 

The coppery leaf didn't have any detail to it, looked a little blah, so I used my stylus to outline and put in the veins and then traced over the de-bossed lines with a black pen. 

Alphas are from Thickers (another Tuesday Morning steal).  They are kind of a strange peachy beige color with not glitter on them, but more like mica pieces. 

And there it is, my not so hot photos, scrapped.  We may re-visit this whole topic of scrapping bad (or misbehaved) photos again...I have more!!

Scrapping on...
Cheryl




No comments:

Post a Comment