Sunday, October 5, 2014

woo, hoo!  Back in the saddle again...I'm back in the saddle again... 

My cold hopefully is nearing its end.  A real bugger, this one was.  I'm at least not going though a half a box of tissues every day.  And I got my little ole' laptop back today!  Plus, we had a home showing last week and an open house today and have another showing tomorrow afternoon.  And.... all the deep cleaning is done, the purging, and staging has been done and all I should have to do from here on out is stay in maintenance mode.  Thank goodness. 

So here is a layout to celebrate! 

Another homecoming page done for Mr. Jacob's graduation album. 


Papers are from Basic Grey, the  Plumeria collection.  The colors were good with Jacob's plum colored dress shirt, but I didn't want so many flowers...  To downplay the florals printed in the corners, I dry-brushed a bit of white craft paint across them and then added a few strips of coordinating papers with torn edges.  Matted the photos in one of those same prints, roughed up the edges of that paper and then laid this atop a base of irregularly cut rectangles and squares, also with roughed up and curled edges.  Cut a couple of banners and tucked those in, did my journaling with white4 pen around the photos.  The title (not too original, I'm afraid) was from the Plumeria alpha set  that came with the collection pack. 

This was the collection of papers that I had pieces laying about on my desk that ended up on the layout that was posted last Sunday. 

And even though his mom re-cut his hair (to get rid of that stripe cut down the center of his head for game night), you can still see where it was shaved down the middle---hence the red baseball hat in the first photo and that big cheesy grin with a thumbs up (gosh I love this kid, can you tell?).  Also gotta love the background of the teen room complete with  pile of clothes leaking out into the doorway...

So glad to be blogging again. 

Happy Sunday all. 
Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. Such a great layout and I love the details in the photos :)
    Great way to down play the parts of the pattern paper that you didn't care for :)

    ReplyDelete