Tuesday, October 21, 2014

So, no prom layout today (not to worry, I do have several more...like I would really only do two layouts of our boy on prom court--she says with a nana smirk--he doesn't get off that easy). 

But I do have a page I did specifically for Jacob and his cousin Samantha.  Samantha is my niece, my sister's daughter.  Technically that makes she and Jacob, what--second cousins, I think.  They were born only months apart and they have always been like two peas in a pod. They have an uncanny ability to pick up right where they left off, no matter how long the time in between visits. 



I cut apart a bunch of tickets and little tabs from a Maggie Holmes paper (out of the $5 bargain pack---really getting some mileage out of that one!!!).  I also used up some stickers that were left on an old Crate paper sticker sheet (Emma's Closet was the line).  Then it was just snippets and strips left from other projects that were lying about on my desk, a doily, a little washi tape, and some pretty pastel buttons.  Cut the giant ampersand out with my Cricket and used one of my favorite Thickers alphas (just love these--they're foam and tall and skinny.  Per-Fect!)  Background paper is the B side of an Authentique paper -- white, but distressed--love that. 

This came together fairly quick and it is one of my favorite layouts.  I did a different take on this photo for my album(s), since this page went into Jacob's album.  But I may have to take that one apart and try to recreate this one, I like it so much better.  (yeah, that's what I need to do---a b-jillion other photos that need to be scrapped and yes, let's take apart a layout that is done and do it again... I'm such a dork.) 

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment