Friday, September 12, 2014

O.K. I give Mr. Weatherman... It's fall.  I wimped out and turned the heat on.

And since I am giving in to fall, today I am posting a football layout done for Jacob's graduation album.  It was from last year's homecoming game.  His mom gave almost all of the senior boys on the team their requested goofy buzz cuts.  (Hence that shaved stripe down the middle of his head.) 


This was also their last football game of the season and the senior boys last football game.  After the game, we all waited by the gate and welcomed them all off the field.  That's his Uncle Matthew in the background, Jacob is holding little Jackson and then that's stepdad Nick in there too. 

This is a totally scrap-lifted layout from Tonya Gibbs at Psychomoms Scrapbooks Blogspot.  http://psychomomscrapbooks.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2014-06-05T03:00:00-04:00&max-results=7&start=21&by-date=false 

I used the backside of an old Creative Imaginations paper for it's royal blue tone-on-tone pattern for then I dug around looking for masculine patterns in blue tones.  What ended up on the page was quite the mish mash of old Basic Grey (Boxer and Vagabond), Creative Imaginations (can't remember the name, but it was a 4th of July, Americana print), Echo Park (A Boy's Life) and Authentique. 

I heartily recommend watching Tonya's video as she created her layout.  While I used different papers, I really followed her layout almost to the letter.  Loved, loved, loved this layout and the video.  It would totally work for scrapping any sport; baseball, basketball, soccer, volleyball...and of course football. 

Goodbye summer, hello fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment