Sunday, September 7, 2014

A small homemade enamel dot update...  I bought some cheapie "melty" beads at Walmart (yea, I succumbed due to the low price I heard about and went into Walmart).  And they did NOT melt well at all.  At, all.  Awful.  I went back to Michaels and bought the name brand Perler beads and they melted great.  (So I've added aqua, darker turquoise and lime green to my cache of enamel dots, hurray!)  ok, moving on,

It's getting cooler at night, something about the air that feels fall-ish, and I hear the geese honking overhead.  But, bear with me while I indulge myself yet with a few more layouts that speak to me of summer. 


Really wanted a soft, light summery feel to this page.  Didn't want to over power the softness of the flowers or the bright clear colors, so I chose a white cardstock background and added some textural interest by using modeling paste and a honeycomb stencil.   Pattered papers are from the super saver 8-1/2x11 $5 packs of Maggie Holmes and Amy Tangerine that I had purchased a while back (except the top piece, that's a scrap of Basic Grey from maybe Lime Rickey?...maybe.)  Added some buttons, cut a couple of banners. 

The sticker that says Pure Goodness is from a Maggie Holmes sticker book and the tag and "best" is from a Heidi Swapp ephemera pack.  I added a flower and some hot pink pearls, stamped the date (did the multiple stamping thing) and thought I better stop before I over work things.  (Me? over work something---do too much of a good thing...uhh yea, I do that, so I stopped). 

here's to making that summer feeling last a little while longer...
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment