Saturday, August 9, 2014

Why do I not seem to like themed papers?  I dunno.  I don't have a lot of Christmas paper, or Halloween, or birthday, or zoo or travel papers (well, travel, we  don't really go anywhere).   I have a little bit of each, but not much. 

Anyway, I had zoo pictures that I wanted to scrap, so I dig out the few pieces of zoo paper I had and started cutting it into strips .  This is super old Reminisce paper.  But I paired it up with some new feathers (got 'em at Michaels--used a coupon; actually kind of impressed that they had theses). 


It's not a hugely embellished  layout,  but I like the simplicity and I especially like the feathers and the wood veneer butterflies against the black background paper. 

I did a secondary page to include the rest of the photos I had.  It almost looks like a pocket page--which (If I had any) would have been a good place to use one.  But, again, I'm liking the simple and straight lines and the pop that the feather and veneer butterfly gives it. 


I also used an Amy Tangerine Thickers set for the title.  I've had these for awhile and they just never seemed to fit or coordinate with what I was working on, but I gotta say I do love them against the black on this page!  I did the outlining and journaling with a white gel pen and said done! 

I'm still not ready to go out and buy up a whole big bunch of themed papers--but I am going to start to keep an eye out for a few more themed papers to use. 

Have a great weekend!
cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment