Friday, August 15, 2014

Page titles... I was talking the other day about how they can convey the feeling of a moment and I think I captured the feeling of this moment! 

Jackson loves his John Deere tractor riding toy.  He also likes to escape without his pants...  (He's a bit better now that potty training is well under way...really loves his Jake and the Pirates underpants!) 


But this was a moment in time...that just makes me crack up every time I see the page.  So, if the title and your finished page make you or the viewer "feel" the moment, then I think what you are doing as the family historian, the scrapbooker, the documenter, is so worth the time we all put into this hobby. 

I was still working from the scrap bin when I created this page, so I pulled a whole lotta green patterned paper to pick up the John Deere tractor color and a little bit of gray playing off the color of Jackson's shirt.  Once the papers were selected, I started layering them under the photo and when I was happy with the layers, outlined the pieces and glued them together. 

The title, the butterfly (both also outlined) and the arrow are from a Jillibean Soup ephemera pack, and the subtitle is made up of Tiny Type letters from Cosmo Cricket.  I didn't have a question mark in the Tiny Type pack, so I chose one from a lime green Thickers set and just arranged the words so the question mark lined up with the two lines of type stickers.  The file tabs are from Simple Stories, the "happy" wood veneer is from the Michaels $1 bins and the star sticker is from Recollections (I don't usually care for much in the Recollections stickers, but I did like these layered stars--bought several packs of them--on clearance for $.99 yeah!)   Last, I sprinkled on some green sequins from my stash. 

What are you doing this weekend?  We are getting right down to the wire getting this house ready for sale, so I will be cleaning woodwork (ugh).  But I will steal away to my scrap room at some point for some R&R and a sanity check! 

Happy Friday! 
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment