Friday, August 22, 2014

Lots of talk lately about the Heidi Swapp Project Life Kits that folks are finding at Michaels...

I did find them last week (but waited for this week to purchase with a 40% off coupon).  I was after the gold set and grabbed the last one at my local M's.  I don't even do Project Life!  But I so wanted all these golden bits and bobs to use on traditional 12x12 pages. 

A little change as well, in my subject matter...  yikes!  It's not about grandchildren AND, I included a photo of myself, double yikes!  I know, I know, we should be scrapping about ourselves just like we do about others of our family and friends.  We are so often behind the camera recording the memories and we are so often very critical of our own photos (I know I am--usually hate photos of myself). But one of my goals is to try and include more of myself in my scrapbooking, because I now wish I had more photos of my mom and my grandmothers, and (hopefully) my children and grandchildren will want these memories of me too.    

Working with the Project Life cards on a 12x12 page was relatively easy.  Lined 'em up and tucked a couple up and under... wham, bang, done with the basic page. 


Pulled out some of the gold chipboard pieces from the kit (the hearts and the triangles) and then I went gold hunting in my stash!  Used several of the gold stickers from of a Dear Lizzy sticker book, got out some gold metallic thread, my Gold Lame Heidi Swapp mist, and a little bunch of gold sequins (a few pearly white ones too).  Tucked a piece of a doily under the Time Flies card (title) and added a several pieces of gold plaid washi tape. 

I still felt the page needed definition (so much white!) so I outlined the page and the cards with a fine point black Micron pen. 

The photos are from the same year and were taken around Christmas, but from different events, so I did lots of cropping to get just me and my lady friends.  In order of appearance, that's Jan, me in the middle and Sandy.  I've known these two women for years.  We met via the paper, card-making, stamping hobby and became very good friends... and true friends are like gold...

Happy Friday! 
Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. Thank you my friend for including me in your book. Love the look and it certainly is a different approach for you--no kids (except for me of course!).

    ReplyDelete