Sunday, August 31, 2014

Clinging to images of summer here.  The weather is warm yet, humid even, but there is that feeling of fall that is in the air.  I'm not ready for pumpkins and football and Halloween-ie things yet so I'm just going to concentrate on scrapping summery moments for a little while longer. 

I don't know why, but I just love the back view of both of the little grandies in the one photo.  Something  about them sitting side by side, driving their jeep up the drive way.


I used paper from American Crafts XOXO collection.  At first glance, I wasn't sure about the papers (I had purchased a collection pack at Tuesday Morning mostly for the pack of Thickers it contained). But it turns out I really like the "B" side of most all of the papers, so I really am excited about my $3.99 find! 

Mercy Tiara inspired me to use what she calls a de-constructed layout for this page.  No layers under the photos, just arranged everything around the photos.  Embellishments are truly a mish mash of collections...buttons from a pack of American Crafts that I got on clearance, dimensional "Hello There" sticker is from Crate Paper, their On Trend collection.  Stickers are from Amy Tangerine and Heidi Swapp.  And finally, the two little arrows are die cut.  I spattered on some Heidi Swapp Velvet Black ink and then added some black Stickles to a few of the ink splatters.   Title letters are black glittered Thickers--the ones that enticed me to buy the collection pack to begin with. 

Funny how one thing leads to another, isn't it?! 

1 comment:

  1. I love both layouts especially the design, the colors and paper choices and how you used your misting and embellishments. I am a fan of banners, I think they are so cool.

    ReplyDelete