Sunday, July 27, 2014

Trying out my gelatos this week.  I don't think I quite have the hang of it---yet.  I do like them.  Liked playing with them.  In fact, I just kept playing till I had filled up the whole sheet with color and that's where I think the technique of s.t.o.p.p.i.n.g. needed to be applied!

 Plus, these are not my favorite photos of my grandies.  Don't know why exactly.  Maybe because I'm not fond of overly posed pictures or the phony backdrop of beach... come on, we live in Wisconsin.  Not too many beaches here with starfish and seashells and  such.  Uh, like none.  But I wanted them scrapped anyway, so I forged ahead. 


And if it is a fakey, fake backdrop, then why not call it what it is?! So I did!  But I do think I would be happier with my background had I left some white showing through or more variations in depth of color.  Ah, another lesson, but I will definitely continue working with the gelatos. 

I used watercolor paper for the background, but went to the scrap bin for the layering papers.  Still felt I needed some more definition around the photo area, so I added some tone-on-tone stamping using a Tim Holtz flourish stamp and punched a couple of hearts in aqua so they would stay with the tone-on-tone thing.  The title letters are cut with my Cricut, but they seemed a bit flat--so I cut a duplicate set in aqua and intended to use them as a shadow, slightly offset from the peachy orange.  That didn't look right either.  I ended up gluing the two sets together to give them just a bit more thickness and that did the trick.  Added some Heidi Swapp stickers (and arrows), a button and some washi tape.  The watercolor paper is a bit smaller than 12x12, so I centered it on an orange piece of cardstock.

On a personal aside, we are still in major clean out and purge mode at my house.  But I cannot seem to get DH to go through his many (and I mean MANY) boxes of photos (of cars--not people, not family, c.a.r.s., really?).  Or the car parts all over the basement---or to clean out the garage.  I mean he has painted and dutifully hauled the stuff to Goodwill I have asked him to and he has put in a new tub surround and is now mudding that before he can paint---but he has this block about really cleaning and purging...  is this a scrap-able moment?  h-m-m-m-m.  Have to think on that one. 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Cheryl 

No comments:

Post a Comment