Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thought I'd post a layout about... NOT Jacob!  (Plenty more Jacob layouts... but I don't want to totally disregard the younger grandies...) 

Jackson always gets this thoughtful, pensive look when he knows he's getting his picture taken.  He is surprisingly funny, for as serious as he seems to be in photos.


Again, using a bunch of leftover papers, straight out of my scrap box.  The multi colored polka dot is from Basic Grey's very first collection (yes, I've had this paper for  t.h.a.t.  long, sigh).  The orange woodgrain is Basic Grey, the yellow with orange polka dot that the photo is mounted on is from Bella Blvd's first collection, the orange pattern paper the layout is mounted on is Basic Grey's Picadilly collection, as is the small piece of the same pattern right above and below the photo (truly it's the branding strip),  The long navy blue piece is a leftover from some of Jacob's pages (I had used almost the whole pad of an Authentique collection called Loyal on his high school pages).   The grey piece with the little red dots is from a pad--but I have not got a clue as to who the manufacturer is. 

As for the embellishments: "Charming" and the "Mischevious" are cut-outs from Echo Park's A Boys Life.  Ampersand, and small cut-outs at the left side of the photo are from a Simple Stories journaling pack.  (I am not a huge Simple Stories fan, but since they were marked down 1/2 price, I knew there was something I could use in there!)    The little chipboard heart is from a partial pack of both red and pink hearts from Heidi Swapp (had those for several years) and the wood veneer  "Love" is actually from the $1 bin at Michaels (I know, go figure!).  The orange gems are from a partial pack of Hero Arts gems. 

And the pile of scraps is shrinking, day by day, layout by layout... 

Thanks for visiting! 

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment