Sunday, July 20, 2014

Continuing to work through my scrappy phobias and my pile of scraps!

Once upon a time paper companies produced a line of papers, some (usually very themed) accompanying stickers and there you were.  The papers were mostly one-sided.  If you didn't like a particular pattern, you could buy sheet-by-sheet.  But now, since most of the smaller scrapbook stores have all bit the dust, we are left with ordering papers on-line, joining a kit club, or purchasing pads or collections as a whole package via a big box store. 

I've never been a big proponent of pads of paper.  The few times I had purchased them, I found I only used a select few and the rest sat unused.  But last year, left with fewer purchasing choices, I bought a pad of Authentique paper (I think Loyal was the collection name).  The colors were perfect for use in Jacob's albums since his school colors were a royal blue and white and the papers were all denim blue pattern, navy blue, some antique-y looking gold color and distressed whites.  PLUS, the pad was two-sided paper!  Lots of solid, distressed back sides to use as the base for pages.  I used darn near that whole pad.  So, in other words, I have gotten over scrapbooking phobia #2, which was purchasing or using pads of paper.  (Scrapbooking phobia #1 was two page layouts versus one page---ummmm, think I've conquered that one...) 

On to the layout (which prompted my thoughts on using pads of paper)  The base for the page was the backside of one of those Authentique papers (f.r.o.m.   a    p.a.d.).  I really like using a distressed solid, a grid, tone-on-tone, or ledger print as the base for pages---it's a pattern, but subtle. 


Jacob's mom snapped this photo (with her phone I think) from a moving bike---and obviously the bike that Jacob was riding on was moving as well.  Pretty cool shootin' there!  This was taken during Jacob's "I don't want to pose for a picture period", hence the stuck out tongue and the title!  This, by the way is Jacob's other grandma.... she rides a Harley.

I had wanted to do a layout without layers of paper, but using multiple strips of washi instead. These metallic washi tapes I purchased on clearance after Christmas were perfect for this.  Mounted the photo on an off red and another taupe-y tan paper, bent and tore the edges a bit and before it found its home on the washi background.   Added some black and metallic gold paint splats, a couple of tags, buttons and some phrase stickers from My Mind's Eye (gotta get some more of those).  The title alphas are Thickers.   Done and Done! 

If you've come back to check on the blog after my hiatus or just recently found me, thanks for stopping in! 

Have a wonderful day! 
Cheryl



No comments:

Post a Comment