Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I was trying to scrap last night and it just wasn't coming together.  You know when you just keep looking at what you've done and the colors of the selected papers are right, the background paper seemed right when you started... but it just doesn't feel right and the more things you try, the more it doesn't feel right...  Yep, that's where I was. 

When this happens... I walk away.  Usually when I come back to the page in the next day or so, something will click and it's usually something as little as a change in the background paper.  But, what got me thinking, was how wonderful this makes those times when it IS all working and pages just come together.  Love that! 

This was one of those pages that just came together so effortlessly I couldn't believe it. 

I am  once again using a lot of older product on the page.  (My goal is to get through my box of scraps and turn it all into pages, cards or page kits!) 


The papers are from a page kit that was distributed at a crop... and I did like the page the pieces were designed for (I designed it...hopefully I liked it, right?).  But it didn't suit the photo I now had in mind to use.  So, a little snip here, a quick trim there, laid the pieces down on a different background paper and ka-boom, it was done!  Love it when this happens!! 

The papers were from Little Yellow Bicycle. I think the collection was called Twig.  The polka dot piece was an older K&Co. paper that just happened to be laying there and it fit, so there you go. Background paper is a super old EK paper, I think.  Anyway, I cut the leaves out and used pop dots to apply them, added some enamel dots and some bakers twine.  The title was an older alpha sheet from Cloud 9 and there was open space right on the photo, so that's where the title landed. 

This was our boy Jacob, with his dog, exploring the lake.  He was ten then.  Gosh, that photo had been sitting around a l.o.n.g. time.  Glad to have it scrapped.  And I am loving the simplicity of the page. 

Hope everyone has a great scrappy day! 

Cheryl 

No comments:

Post a Comment