Saturday, July 19, 2014

aaaaannnnnd    I'm back with a layout of Jacob.  No big surprise there, huh? 

Well, what was a surprise for me is that I totally scraplifted this layout .  Now there is absolutely nothing wrong with scraplifting ideas (as long as you are not submitting them for publication or that sort of thing).  But I have a confession to make.  I usually cannot scraplift a page or a card.  Oh I start out ok, but somewhere along the line, my design takes a U-turn and just goes it's own merry way.  And even this is ok... I mean so what if the page or card ended up being my jumping off place or inspiration.  But I soooo saw this page and the photos practically jumped off my desk into my hands. 

So here's my page. 


and I think (hope) this is the link to Carol Monson's page for Chic Tags that I scraplifted.  http://blog.chictags.com/search?updated-max=2014-02-04T05:00:00-08:00&max-results=7&start=111&by-date=false

My paper strips are a bit wider I think than in the original page and she sewed her strips down (I drew in stitch marks because I don't have a working sewing machine right now).  Anyway, I loved Carol's page, and these photos (in my mind) were just perfect. 

I did hit the scrap bin again, although just using strips of papers did not use up a whole bunch!  Letter stickers are from Basic Grey (Ambrosia collection), brads are from a My Mind's Eye, miscellaneous stickers are from Bella Blvd--a summer collection from several years ago and a pet collection (believe it or not---hey they were the right color, what can I say!  After that I just added a few aqua gemstones and that was it. 

Have a happy day. 
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment