Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A quick page.... Kind-a quick, it sat in my pile of half started pages for a couple of years.  Yes, y.e.a.r.s!  The photos were not the best, taken in a community meeting room with little light and using some themed papers, well let's just say those results were sad.  Colors too bright and overpowered the photos, papers way too busy.  But, just using the colors in the photos led to a dark and dreary looking layout.  I just kept putting it all aside.  Once I pulled the stickers and the embellishments together, it went together really fast, though. 

I used the color appropriate papers  on a kraft base and added tabs and word stickers that kept with the theme of scouting, plus the air balloon sticker and it went zip, zip, zip.   


I used some K&Co. tone on tone star paper, layered some color coordinating pieces under the photos, cut the words and a border strip from a scouting paper (gosh it's old--I think from It Takes Two) and used several pieces of brown vellum to tuck under the border and the photos.  I still felt it needed a little more depth, so I stamped the mesh background (stamp is from Magenta) so that the mesh imagery would be peeking out from around the photo.  Last was to add the buttons and the folded yellow embellishment (that's from American Crafts).  This brought in the "gold" from the Blue and Gold dinner theme. 

Title was cut using my trusty old Cricut. And I dug around and found a fluer di lis brad to add to one of the tabs.  The balloon sticker adds a welcome bit of bright white and helps tie in all  word stickers on the following page.


The tabs and word stickers are from various Echo Park  and older 7 Gypsies sticker sheets, as well as the ones cut from the scouting paper. 


So, while this is certainly not the most exciting layout I've done, the photos deserved documenting and I am finally satisfied with the pages now!  These photos encompassed two years of Blue & Gold dinners---so very few of the photos turned out--my goodness these rooms were dark--so I picky chose the better and broke them up across two pages. 

I am off to get ready for work and after that to run to job #2 to turn in I-9 stuff and do scheduling (yes, I did get that 2nd part time job thanks for all your kind words and thoughts on that).  Let the juggling act begin! 

7 comments:

  1. Lots of fun elements on your page!
    And you have inspired me to work on some of those half finished layouts still sitting in my closet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out great! Good for you for revisiting this after so long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great 2 pager. I love the blue and gold title on that blue background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that mesh stamp, your pages turned out great! Glad you're finally able to call it done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have LOs to finish too! Nice 2-pager!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't it feel so good to finally put old layouts to bed!

    ReplyDelete